It was exciting to be able to release the call for papers yesterday, for PATT40 Liverpool (aka PATTupNorth) in Autumn 2023, on the theme of ‘Diverse Experiences of Design and Technology Education for a Contemporary and Pluralist Society’. The thinking behind the theme was twofold: (i) recognising the international diversity of ‘Technology Education’ 1; and (ii) acknowledging the increasing focus in education and society on equality, diversity and inclusion.
PATT40 Liverpool wants to continue and expand the celebration of design, technology and engineering education. To learn from one another, strengthen our practice, challenge our assumptions and inspire us out of our comfort zones.
The conference committee hope that both new and established PATT delegates will find a place to share their Technology Education research in one of the four strands:
- Diverse and inclusive ways of knowing and being in design and technology education 2
- Exploring and advancing teaching and learning for design and technology education 3
- Measuring impact of design and technology education in and beyond the classroom 4
- Approaches to teacher preparation and development in design and technology education 5
If you are new to research conferences, you might find our Tips on… webpage helpful. The PATT community is welcoming and inclusive. we look forward to welcoming you to Liverpool in 2023!
Share on Twitter with…
#PATT40 Liverpool (aka #PATTupNorth) is happening in Autumn 2023, on the theme of ‘Diverse Experiences of Design and Technology Education for a Contemporary and Pluralist Society’. For information on the conference and how to submit research paper and poster abstracts, go to https://patt40liverpool.edublogs.org/ or http://www.patt40liverpool.comTweet
- Globally, ‘Technology Education’ – as an umbrella term – has many different facets, features and histories. Some countries emphasising designing and making, others technological literacy, and there are the tensions between design vs craft, or vocational vs general education! There is no one template a global Technology Education curriculum! ↩
- focusing on philosophy and culture ↩
- focusing on matters relating to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment ↩
- focusing on measurement of impact and evidence-based practice ↩
- focusing on effective teacher education and development ↩